See what the markets are up to on Facebook!
Support your local farmers and help build a local food infrastructure. Nine farmers’ markets in Minnesota are offering food hub services to connect farmers with buyers in their communities.
What’s a food hub?
- Food hubs bring together product from multiple farmers and offer it to larger-scale buyers.
- Farmers who don’t have enough time or product to reach larger markets on their own can sell through a food hub.
- Buyers who can’t deal with separate accounts for multiple farmers can buy local through a food hub.
Visit Minnesota Farmers’ Market Hubs
Click on the map for more details!
Current Funding Sources:
- USDA Local Food Promotion Program grant: “Fortify and Multiply Farmers’ Market Hubs for Community Health and Farm Viability”
Ongoing Project Support:
County-level or regional SHIP coordinators provide on-the-ground support and community connections
Past Project Support:
- MDA Specialty Crop Block Grant 2017-2018
- MDA Specialty Crop Block Grant 2018-2019
- MDA Specialty Crop Block Grant 2019-2020
- USDA Farm-to-School Grant, 2018-2020
- Extension Risk Management Education Grant, 2019-2021