Want to eat local?
Shopping at the farmers’ market is one way …
AND … there might be restaurants, grocery stores, and institutions in your town that buy from your local farmers’ market!
Some farmers’ markets offer “market share” weekly boxes to individual consumers, too.
Find a market hub near you, and look out for the Farmers Market Hub logo at your local food establishments!
Current Funding Sources:
- USDA Local Food Promotion Program grant: “Fortify and Multiply Farmers’ Market Hubs for Community Health and Farm Viability”
Past Project Support:
- MDA Specialty Crop Block Grant 2017-2018
- MDA Specialty Crop Block Grant 2018-2019
- MDA Specialty Crop Block Grant 2019-2020
- USDA Farm-to-School Grant, 2018-2020
- Extension Risk Management Education Grant, 2019-2021